Why we don't discount.
Why we don't discount.
- We do not sell to stores anymore. Therefore, our markup is not the same as if we did. We sell at the lowest price possible because after all, we are (mostly) mom's who think about tuition and lessons and braces and prefer to pass on savings to you in this way. Please don't ask us for any discounts. It makes us uncomfortable and we simply can not comply.
- Why we don't discount. We have gotten rid of selective pricing in favor of transparent pricing. We questioned: Why have pricing that is false advertising? Instead, our pricing is clear, fair, public, consistent, and predictable.
- What we believe in. We want to hear "wow, your prices are fantastic". We offer a high quality, proudly Made in America product where we believe in the quality of the product and the best customer service experience.
- Our sizing is fantastic, the fabrics that we primarily use are REAL silk.
- Sadly, there are many Chinese sites online (you can't quite tell because they have a US Phone number, but they are despicable who rip off US Manufacturers, such as ourselves, stealing our photography and passing them off as theirs, selling a counterfeit of miss-matched colors and crappy polyester and nylon. Even more sadly, some American online stores claim worse untruths. Here's one of our favorite "lies" posted on an online store:
- "SHANTUNG SILK Shantung can be created from a weave of silk or synthetic fibers. Even when made from synthetic fibers, shantung is a spectacular fabric. It has the look of silk but is a much less expensive option."
- WOW. What a line of.... well you know. When you see museum pieces, do you see them in silk or polyester. Um, negative on the polyester.
- What Silk is REALLY: Silk is a natural protein fiber, some forms of which can be woven into textiles. The protein fiber of silk is produced by certain insect larvae to form cocoons. The best-known silk is obtained from the cocoons of the larvae of the mulberry silkworm. Pegeen only uses Mullberry Silkworms. The shimmering appearance of silk is due to the triangular prism-like structure of the silk fibre, which allows silk cloth to refract incoming light at different angles, thus producing different colors. It is luxurious, it breathes, it's great for children's clothing, it's not scratchy (as one of the biggest lies we have see printed yet), it has beautiful hand and works extremely well in children's clothing. If you are at a wedding and they get a small spot on the dress, take a small piece of fabric or hand towel and dampen slightly (like mom, this is when you use saliva if you must) and wipe from the center of the spot to the edges till it is dry. Get a spot on polyester at the wedding, you are looking at stains the rest of the day. Another great thing about silk is that it irons, on high beautifully, time and time again. My niece wore a silk dress 30 years ago for my wedding,,,, fast forward to now - her flower girl dress is beautiful to be worn in her wedding!
- What we give to our customers. We want people to see our dresses and say that they have never seen anything like it in the market place, and particularly at this price. We treat our customers all the same, whether it is one dress OR twenty two children in the wedding party. We guarantee you will return to our commitment of getting the best product out there that we can delivering a truly fantastic customer service experience. Just ask our incredibly loyal, repeat customers.
- below: Edgar Degas, Naples Museum, Naples FL